Green English Coaching is the name for the unique 3-in-1 service I provide, which helps
1) you (your brain) &
2) your English &
3) your career or business
to naturally thrive in the best possible conditions.
With the support of the Neurolanguage Coaching® framework, I use three principles to guide my "Green" coaching: mindfulness, meaning and minimalism.
Think of your language learning as if you’re building a house (like me). It won’t last long if the foundations are weak. Very soon, the cracks will start to appear and you’ll have to stop and repair the damage.
On the contrary, you need solid support that will sustain the grounds of your house for years and decades to come.
Your language-learning strategy is the same. If you don’t first win the battle against your perfectionist thoughts, if you don't connect with the language and make it come alive within you, it will take you much longer to arrive at your destination and you won't enjoy the journey.
And how do you connect? From the inside-out.
Using English as your ecological tool, you look inside yourself, which has a beneficial effect on your outside life. This gives you clarity, focus and drive.
What Do Our Language Sessions Look Like?
What Exactly Do I Mean By Mindful, Meaningful & Minimal?
You clarify what is truly important to you and what your true priorities are. Your learning and your life take on more meaning.
You know why you’re doing what you're doing and you feel energized and on purpose.
Your program is tailored to your own unique journey, you are the "content", the textbook, the resources. As everything is personal and relevant to you, you enjoy English more and retain it better.
The language becomes a doorway through which you can explore and discover, experiencing fully the language, with curiosity, an open mind and freedom from worry.
Mindfulness involves being more conscious about how we're feeling and what we're focusing on. In other words, we're more aware of where we are, who we are, and what we want in any moment.
In our daily lives, there’s often a gap between what we know we need to do (be more present in what we're doing) and what we tend to do (chasing perfection and trying to "get it all done").
In order to thrive on our language journey, we need to take the following 5 qualities with us:
- Acceptance: we accept "what is" and stop judging our mistakes. We see them as just another milestone on the road of our learning journey. We let go of past experiences that we’re labeling as failures or negative in some way and focus on the present. Acceptance helps us to change perspective and look for opportunities in situations that we might initially have called obstacles.
- Awareness: we're aware of our perfectionist tendencies so that we can start to develop new healthier behaviour. We're aware of the need to be fully present so that we're able to deeply listen. We're also aware of what is essential to us so that we can ensure we're focusing on it.
- Alignment: being in alignment means that we are acting from a place of wholeness rather than of lack. When we're grounded in the present moment and we align FIRST with the feeling we know we ultimately want to obtain through our action (whatever we do, it's always in order to feel a certain way), everything is more enjoyable and we create more insights, opportunities and connection with others.
- Curiosity: instead of relying on our old assumptions and beliefs, we're open-minded and curious about exploring new ideas and approaches.
- Compassion: we're less self-critical and more patient with ourselves, which enables us to feel less pressure and more confident to take on new challenges.
To summarize: mindfulness rewires the brain for greater fulfilment, wellbeing and quality productivity. When we're fully present, it's easier to form new connections in our brain and we create a more beneficial learning environment, not to mention stronger personal and professional relationships.
For those who wish, it is also possible to start a session with a short meditation to help transition from a busy to a calm space.
Minimalism is a way of decluttering (i.e. removing the unnecessary) from our mind, our lives and our learning.
You welcome English into your lifestyle by design not default. You create new habits & beliefs and eliminate the obstacles created by limiting thoughts, lack of boundaries, distractions, or daily clutter that reduces your energy and focus.
By envisioning firstly how you want to be in English and secondly what you really want to be able to do with it, we can just choose to focus on the vocabulary and materials that will take us there in the most direct manner.
You concentrate on the essential. You save time and stay on track.
Your motto in your English: less is more. Your communication is more impactful because you speak clearly, concisely and with authenticity.
This helps you to feel in control of your learning and maintain motivation, without any stress or frustration.
Note: As a Coach (Certified Neurolanguage Coach® & Qualified Life Coach) I respect the ICF Code of Ethics, which means that I create a safe, non-judgmental and respectful space where any information shared remains strictly confidential and where you can feel relaxed and at ease.
What Are The Benefits?
- As this is a collaboration, i.e. we're on equal status, not a one-sided teacher/student relationship like in school, you feel more at ease.
- Our work together is solution-focused and I encourage you to create your own rules and take ownership of the language. You feel more empowered.
- Your learning roadmap is clear. You now know what to focus on and why. You no longer feel stuck or powerless.
- You slow down and your learning speeds up. You create more time for yourself.
- You become more self-aware and mindful of how you're being. This has a positive ripple effect on your daily life and relationships.
- You're more efficient, effective and engaging in your English communication.
- You feel more confident and fulfilled in your business/career and happier in general.
- Private Online Coaching Sessions: English for Wellbeing - Public-Speaking Skills - Improvisation Skills (55 minutes)
- Oral & Written Journaling Programs (2-week duration)
- 5-Ways To Thrive Program (2-week duration)
- English in Nature (local): Walk & Talk sessions (60 minutes)
Feel free to look at "My Services" to gain more information or contact me directly.
“And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.”